Sunday, July 20, 2008
|Texas Prison Museum in Huntsville, Texas 07/20/08 @ 12:11 PM|
The Texas electric chair to which the name "Old Sparky" is applied was in use from 1924 to 1964. During that time, it saw the deaths of 361 prisoners sentenced to die by judicial electrocution. It was built by incarcerated craftsmen in 1924. Following its decommissioning, it was originally relegated to a prison dump before being rescued. - Wikipedia
< Previous Day<<>>
July 20, 2008 | Permalink
The comments to this entry are closed.